Date & Time: 19 September 2019, 4.00pm (CET) / 2pm (GMT)
Speakers: Rachel Wilshaw, Ethical Trade Manager; Matt Hamilton, Senior Advisor, Inclusive Value Chains; Art Prapha, Senior Advisor, Campaigns and Advocacy, OXFAM
Summary: Over the past two years, Oxfam created a series of campaigns and reports focusing on human rights conditions in the food supply chain, from agribusinesses through food and beverage brands and supermarket retailers.
This global webinar offered an opportunity to discuss what businesses along the food supply chain can do to promote human rights, supply chain transparency, better working conditions and gender equality. Based on Oxfam’s extensive work in this space, we will also discuss progress that companies have made over the past year and highlight key steps which companies should take to further address the issues.
- Introduction by Davide Fiedler, Manager, Social Impact, WBCSD
- Taking human suffering out of food value chains, presentation by Oxfam
- Rachel Wilshaw, Ethical Trade Manager
- Matt Hamilton, Senior Advisor, Inclusive Value Chains
- Art Prapha, Senior Advisor, Campaigns and Advocacy